Our veterinary facilities
At Blake Vets we invest heavily in our surgeries to provide modern facilities and equipment. Both surgeries have lots of free parking and disabled access.
Our premises at Bridgwater were purpose built in 2004. They are modern and equipped to a very high standard, and include:
- Four consulting rooms.
- Two modern operating theatres.
- Digital x-ray, video-endoscopy and ultrasound to assist us in diagnosing illnesses quickly.
- In-house laboratory equipment enabling us to provide lab results quickly and in most cases the same day.
- An ultra-sound scanner for pregnancy diagnosis and other diagnostic procedures.
- An isolation area for critically ill patients. Not only does this allow the critically ill pet to have peace and quiet away from other patients, but it also protects other patients in the surgery from possible contagious diseases.
- Separate dog and cat wards to make your pet’s stay more comfortable.
- A heated kennelling and cattery area.
- An incubator for very sick patients and our smaller patients e.g. rabbits and tortoises.
- A vivarium for exotic animals e.g. lizards and other reptiles.
- A large waiting room that is well-stocked with pet food and products. We offer daily ordering allowing next day collection of food and pet products.
- A large grass area at the rear where dogs can be exercised.
By centralising these specialised services in our Bridgwater surgery, and avoiding duplication at Burnham-On-Sea, we have been able to invest in high-quality equipment. This in turn, enables us to provide the most up-to-date care for your pets whilst keeping our charges affordable.
Burnham-on-Sea is a smaller surgery with two consulting rooms, one operating theatre, a kennelling area and a well-stocked waiting room. We carry out consultations, nurse clinics and minor surgical procedures including routine spays, castrates, lump removal and dental procedures at Burnham-On-Sea. All major surgery and our out-of-hours service is carried out at our Bridgwater site.
We are very proud of our surgeries and welcome you to have a look around. Please feel free to call us to arrange a visit. As we can be very busy at times, we may not be able to give you a guided tour unless you call us first.