Registered Veterinary Nurse
Registered Veterinary Nurse
Salary up to £27,000 depending on experience
We are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join us in our busy 1st opinion Small Animal Veterinary Practice in Bridgwater, Somerset.
This role is perfect for an RVN with experience in all aspects of nursing. This position will include a variety of duties in medical and surgical nursing, consulting, and inpatient care, working alongside a great team of Vets, RVNs, Student Nurses and Receptionists over 3 sites.
We pride ourselves in giving our clients and their pets a high standard of care and therefore excellent communication skills and teamwork, alongside being committed, friendly and reliable are a must.
You will work 41.6 hours per week with 1:10 weeknights and 1:5 split weekends on a rota, with time off in lieu.
Why Join Blake Vets?
We are a busy, first-opinion practice based just outside North Petherton. We have fantastic facilities including a digital X-ray, separate dental X-ray equipment, ultrasound, blood pressure monitoring & ECG. We are a friendly, supportive team working to a high clinical standard, you will work alongside 8 Vets, 12 Nurses, 10 Support, 2 Clinical Directors & 1 Practice Director. We have several certificate holders in Surgery, Medicine as well as other disciplines. The team takes great pride in the relationships they have built with their patients, clients, and the local community.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £550 CPD allowance
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
Apply for this job
Any questions before applying?
Speak to Nicola Grant from our recruitment team who would be happy to help you with any questions you have before applying for this role.
email@example.com+44 (0) 7977 242 410