Bali is a 1 year 10-month-old Border Collie who was involved in a serious road accident at the beginning of October.
Jess is a 2-year-old cat seen at the practice after her owner noticed a sore swelling on her back. The swelling was an abces which was unusually complicated to treat.
Honey is an 8 year old Tibetan Terrier who has had her fair share of problems. From a very young age, Honey has struggled with itchy skin which particularly affects the lining of her ear canals leading to repeat ear infections. In 2017, whilst the owner was cleaning Honey’s ears, Honey jumped off the sofa dislocating her right hip in... View Article
With spring now here, we wanted to give you some information of the dangers for your pets that may be growing or lurking in your garden. Daffodils Daffodils can be toxic to pets, particularly the bulb, although the flower head can also cause problems. Symptoms include drooling, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, increased heart rate, abdominal pain, abnormal breathing and an irregular... View Article
Every year we choose a charity to support, and our staff and customers help us to raise money for our chosen charity through various fundraising activities and events. For 2019 we are delighted to be supporting Canine Partners. Canine Partners is a UK charity transforming the lives of people living with disabilities by training amazing assistance dogs. The canine partners... View Article
Tigger Mcleod is a one year old domestic short haired cat who went missing from home in the middle of August. His owners had all but given up hope of ever seeing him again when he appeared on their doorstep on the 9th September. Seeing that Tigger was weak on his hind legs, the owners brought Tigger to the surgery... View Article
From 7th January 2019, Jim Carter from South Devon Referrals will be running clinics every other Monday morning. Jim is a Veterinary Ophthalmology Specialist and owns a referral centre in Newton Abbot, Devon. South Devon Referrals All surgical procedures will still be carried out at his hospital in Newton Abbot. Follow the link below for more information.... View Article
BOAS (Brachycephalic Obstructive Airway Syndrome) Our furry friends with short noses (known as brachycephalics) are at risk of BOAS, which is a severe life limiting disease. 50% Pugs, French bulldogs and 45% of English Bulldogs are affected. The breathing problems they exhibit are due to the shortened skull. The length of the nose is reduced but the same amount... View Article
Nigel came into our Burnham-On-Sea surgery at the beginning of July lame in his right hind leg. He had been known to get into the odd scrap with neighbouring cats and it was initially thought that he may have been bitten and was developing an abscess. An unusual fracture He was seen again the next day as there was no... View Article
We recently carried out a survey of clients visiting our practice to see who knew about the Pet Health Club. We are pleased to say a lot of you did. But some of you thought that our Pet Health Club was the same as pet insurance. We thought we’d write a bit more about it, and also tell you the... View Article